[Users] Order of filtering and spam handling.

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Mon Jun 6 23:48:59 CEST 2016

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 23:10:42 +0200
Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >But that Was Not the question he asked.
> >He wanted the spam check done after filtering.
>
> Yes and that can be done as you and I described. For good reasons it's
> just unusual to apply filters and at last check against spam.
>
> There might be differences for POP and IMAP.

Mine is POP3

For all folders I use, except for inbox, either the individual sender
or the list is whitelisted.

I can recall maybe 3 spam in all the folders in 10 yrs.

All other spam and other crap are in the inbox and it is on these
mails that the filter would be run.

Filer:
Condition: test "/usr/bin/bogofilter -u < %F"
Action:    color 3 move "#mh/Mailbox/inbox/SPAMBOX"

Then I would use an action for mark spam|ham, unlearn spam|ham and
others.

I used that before there was bogofilter-plugin, but have used the
plugin since its incorporation.
Unlike bsfilter of windows, bogofilter on linux takes almost no time.

There many right ways to use bogofilter.
The specifics are just a matter of preference.

    Charles

--
"Most of us, when all is said and done, like what we like and make up
reasons for it afterwards."