[Users] Order of filtering and spam handling.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 23:10:05 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-06 at 22:53:23 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 22:39:40 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:20:55 -0400, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> >>You can do it by unloading the plugin and than creating a filter to
> >>check for spam and setting it as the last filter to be run.
> >
> >If it's the last filter rule, then you gain nothing, if you want to
> >sort spam, e.g.
> >if flag spam is set and from contains .com then move to foo
> >if flag spam is set and from contains .ru  then move to bar
>
> I suspect the issue the OP experiences is, that after a plugin sorted
> out spam, the filtering doesn't affect the spam. Perhaps the OP really
> wants just that after the sorting is done, spam is marked as spam,
> without an additional sorting, but often it's wanted to sort mail
> after it was detected as spam.

My spam folder gets filled up at an increasing speed. Some are negativ
hits which I don't want deleted but others come every day and sometimes
more than once and these I want to filter out to delete. I haven't as
yet found out how to do it but I'll see if some of the advice I have
received can be used.

Thanks to all for your advice.

--
Erik