[Users] FYI: Bad date formats and sorting...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Jun 1 00:12:05 CEST 2016

Thought this might be useful info about date sorting...

Last week, I received some mail which didn't appear where it should in
the list of messages.  Discovered the problem to be due to the sender
using an antiquated date format. Sent them the following and still
haven't heard back...

>It should read:
>     Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 22:23:29 -0400
>not: Date: Wed May 25 22:23:29 EDT 2016
>
>Your Date causes incorrect sort-by-date at the receiving end.
>See also https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#section-4.3

The sender...?  US-CERT!   The guys who keep tabs on vulnerabilities...
sure inspires confidence...   :/