[Users] Three questions regarding claws-mail

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Jul 30 14:57:27 CEST 2016

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 13:20:58 +0100, Paul stated:

>They're already sitting on your filesystem as files in directories.
>Why do you need to export them when you can just copy (and so on) the
>files and directories.

Primarily, ease of use. In MS Outlook, and other MUAs as I have
discovered, I can simply click on the main folder and choose to export
it. MS Outlook, and perhaps others, even offer the ability to choose
all or a subset of the sub-folders to export. I am not sure if
claws-mail really needs that fine grain of an approach, although it
would be nice.

What comes as a surprise to me is that claws-mail offers the ability,
from the file menu, to export individual folders, but not the main
folder and its subdirectories. Personally, I do not see the rational
behind that decision.

--
Jerry