[Users] Replying to some links in an e-mail opens KMail rather than Claws-Mail

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 21 15:52:34 CEST 2016

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:03:58 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:54:02 -0400
> Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > But could it also be the source of my problem with KMail
> > popping up when I click on a name in certain e-mails viewed in
> > Claws-Mail?
>
> If those 'certain e-mails' are html messages, then have at a look at
> the Fancy plugin's preferences, and for the option 'When clicking on
> a link' set it to 'Do Nothing...'.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Paul, thanks. FIXED!!

While in my Fancy preferences I do **not** have an option for 'Do
Nothing' I do have two other options:

1) Open in External Browser -- which is where Fancy was set,
2) Open in Viewer (Remote Content is Enable) -- which is the
setting I just changed to after reading your suggestion.

Making that change fixed the problem!  :o)   Now when I click on that
name in my e-mail it opens Claws-Mail rather than KMail.

Hopefully nothing else will be adversely affected by this change.

Thanks very much for solving my problem.

Your help and those of others who made suggestions is greatly
appreciated.

Gil