[Users] Replying to some links in an e-mail opens KMail rather than Claws-Mail

»Q« boxcars at gmx.net
Wed Jul 20 21:25:44 CEST 2016

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 21:06:23 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:00:54 -0500
> »Q« <boxcars at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > If
> >
> > $ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
> >
> > returns kmail2, it may help to try to change it with xdg-settings.
> > I'd rather not give syntax for xdg-settings -- you're better off
> > dealing with its man page than with me, heh.
>
> No, over here it doesn't print anything, just returns 4:
>
> ticho at penny:~$ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
> ticho at penny:~$ echo $?
> 4

FWIW (maybe not anything) I get

$ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/mailto
claws-mail.desktop

and clicking on a mailto link in a Fancy-rendered message opens a Claws
composition window for me.

I don't know how any of this works, so I won't give any advice.  All
I've ever done to set a default handler was go through KDE's system
settings as described earlier in the thread, once under KDE4 and then
again after moving to KDE5.