[Users] Replying to some links in an e-mail opens KMail rather than Claws-Mail

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 20 17:33:20 CEST 2016

Hello.

I have SuSE 13.2 and Claws-Mail 3.11.0 on my desktop computer.

I am having an odd issue when trying to reply to certain e-mails. These
will contain a person or entity's name in the body of the message.
You're supposed to be able to click there to reply by e-mail. However,
clicking on the name (an embedded link?) opens K-Mail rather than
Claws-Mail.

If I hover over the name I see the following:

mailto: <name at xyz.com>

However, if I send myself a test message with any of my e-mail addresses
in the body of the message and I click on that, then Claws-Mail opens.
Just what I'd expect.

Note also that in these problematic e-mails if I hover over the person's
name, right click, and select "Open in Viewer" then Claws-Mail opens.
But if I hover, right click, and select "Open in Browser" then K-Mail
opens.

Thoughts? I do not use KMail, so how can I stop KMail from opening and
instead get Claws-Mail to open when the scenario I've described occurs?

Is deleting KMail the only solution?

Thanks!
Gil