[Users] POP3 download all messages

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 14:32:38 CEST 2016

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 14:12:13 +0100
Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to find the option to download all messages on the
> server?

It does that by default. There are options to leave messages on the
server. If you set this then the old mails stay there and are not
re-downloaded.

> Can someone point out where it is?
>
> Using that option and then delete duplicates is the quickest method
> to recover from a power failure just after downloading messages?

I guess you leave msgs on the server, but now want to download ones
that you had previously downloaded. In which case:

quit claws-mail.
locate the file corresponding to your account in ~/.claws-mail/uidl/
and delete its contents.
start claws-mail and get all mail on the server.

with regards

Paul