[Users] claws-mail & gnupg

Rodney D. Myers rod_myers at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 8 02:25:58 CET 2016

claws-mail 3.13.1
gnupg 2.18
     gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.8
libgcrypt 1.6.4
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free
to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by law.

Just moved from debian fo FreeBSD/pscBSD, and moved my .gnupg directory
as well. My old secure ring has multiple address' associated with it.

What is the preferred method of signing and encrypting email messages?

pgp-mime
pgp-inline

I'm having difficulty getting claws to encrypt, but more importantly
sign outgoing email.

pgp-mime
     signature failed: Data signing failed, No secret key

pgp-inline
     signature failed: Data signing failed, No secret key

On the 2 accounts I am using the have the same settings in the the
privacy settings;
     "pgp-mime" or "pgp-inline"

And the plugin -> pgp
     default key