[Users] claws mail question

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 3 09:33:56 CET 2016

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 22:00:35 -0700, work at mykot.com wrote:
>I hope this is the right place to ask a question or two.  If not, if
>you could please tell me where I could ask for help?

Hi,

this is the right place. Please always mention what version of Claws
you're using, the menu Help > About should show you. Also mention what
kind of accounts you're using, POP or IMAP. Next time don't send a HTML
formatted email to the mailing list, just send plain text.
I don't know Workspace Webmail 5.16.0, but those web mailer interfaces
usually provide an option to switch to plain text.

>  I am moving from windows to linux.  I need to know how to transfer
> my current clawsmail data and all settings into the linux
> installation?

I can't help you with windows, but somebody else most likely could.

>  Secondly, is it possible to change the pointers in the program to
> look at a different location of the data files?

Even if it shouldn't be able to do this, you could use links.

I'm sharing claws' preferences and POP accounts among two Linux
installs on the same machine.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ ls -hAl /mnt/moonstudio/home/weremouse/|grep mnt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 rocketmouse users   43 Oct  6 22:57 .bogofilter -> /mnt/archlinux/home/rocketmouse/.bogofilter
lrwxrwxrwx  1 rocketmouse users   43 Oct  6 22:57 .claws-mail -> /mnt/archlinux/home/rocketmouse/.claws-mail
lrwxrwxrwx  1 rocketmouse users   42 Oct  6 22:57 Claws Mail -> /mnt/archlinux/home/rocketmouse/Claws Mail

> The computer is set up as a dual boot.  Ultimately I would like to
> have both windows and linux look into a common partition and folder.
> Is it possible to have either update the same data so nothing is
> missed whether downloading from linux or in windoze?

Sharing a folder between Windows and Linux isn't an issue, but I don't
know if the Claws' Windows and Linux versions could share the same
preferences or POP account mails. Perhaps you should use IMAP instead of
POP accounts, IMAP allows sharing mails even between different mailers.

Regards,
Ralf