[Users] Too many quotes when external tools to view attachments

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Wed Feb 24 13:48:14 CET 2016

Hi,

A minor nuisance that I've been unable to solve: When I view an attachment,
the command doubly quotes the filename. For example, when I click "Open" on
an audio file, the command presented to handle this is

  /usr/bin/mplayer "'%s'"

That's double-quote single-quote %s single-quote double-quote.

Of course, this doesn't work. However I cannot find where to fix this.

In the Configuration > Preferences > Message view > External programs, I
have checked "Use system defaults when possible".

My .mailcap (I'm on Fedora linux) contains

  audio/x-wav; /usr/bin/mplayer "%s"

which is, as far as I can see, correct. But where comes the second level of
quoting from?

-- Johan