[Users] Including filter/processing rules

Chris Hirst claws-mail at fy3.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 18:30:26 CET 2016

Excellent, but the clues to locating it are where? Please don't tell me that "everybody who uses it would 'know' how to find that document because that patently is not the case, this is not a 'dig' at you guys specifically, but is a constant 'theme' running through Open Source projects and particularly for Linux projects. There seems to be an "Everybody who needs to know WILL know this" assumption made.

A additional line in the manual:

"Perl

	Intended to extend the filtering possibilities of Claws Mail. It provides a Perl interface to Claws Mail' filtering mechanism, allowing the use of full Perl power in email filters."
Perl documentation for the filter rules can be found in .../src/plugins/perl/cm_perl.pod

Would suffice.

So please, have pity on us poor unfortunates who are leaving the 'hand-holding' world of Windows installers behind and embarking on a voyage into the brave new world of Linux, we do need a few pointers on the route from Apprentice to Adept and hopefully, maybe, even on to Master.

Anyhow,

any takers on if the "rule" I posted

Thank You.
Chris Hirst