[Users] Keyboard bindings

Abhay S. Kushwaha clawsmail at kushwaha.com
Mon Feb 15 16:22:07 CET 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:57:18 -0500, Jerry wrote:

> > I look at ~/.claws-mail/menurc . It has all the menu items and
> > their shortcuts listed. Most will be commented out, at least for
> > me.
>
> That file does not exist in the Windows version of claws-mail. At
> least I was not able to locate it.

1. Press WinKey+R
2. In the Run dialog, type: %APPDATA%\Claws-Mail
3. Press ENTER key

You'll find "menurc" there, probably with "menurc.win32" present too.
Use the one that has the latest modified date.

The file has entries like this:

; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/<MHFolder>/FolderViewPopup/CopyFolder" "")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/Message/InsertFile" "<Primary>i")
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/ShowHide/StatusBar" "s")

The presence of "; " at the start means the default setting has not
been altered, that is, the default applies.

The first line shows a command that can be given a keyboard shortcut
key but that nothing is defined to run that command with a keyboard
shortcut.

The second line shows that the "InsertFile" command can be invoked
by pressing "CTRL+i" keyboard combo.

NOTE: "Primary" means CTRL key.

The third line shows that I've set a custom keyboard shortcut and
by pressing only the "s" key, I can toggle my status bar.

HTH.