[Users] Best free e-mail service that works with Claws Mail by POP3

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Dec 10 07:59:51 CET 2016

Hi,

my experiences:

Good:
Zoho works with Claws and all mailing lists.
Yahoo/Rocketmail works with Claws, but not with all mailing lists, but
for anything else. Some mailing lists work around the issues and apart
from this other providers will follow Yahoo soon or later and require
the same workaround.

Not good:
IIRC Mail.com limits mails that can be send per hour and
IIRC safe-mail.net requires to log in once a month or so.

I'm using Zoho, Yahoo/Rocketmail and even mail.com, but my
safe-mail.net accounts are unused.

All my accounts are POP accounts, but IIRC all could be used with IMAP,
too. However, you ask for POP accounts. I don't care if they are secure
or insecure, respect privacy or not, so in this regards you need to do
research on your own. If you do so, let me know what you find out about
security and privacy.

Regards,
Ralf