[Users] (Solved) Not downloading from Gmail

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 19:22:45 CET 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 08:46:10 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> dijo:

>On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 19:16:10 -0800
>John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> 2) I turned on 'allow less secure apps,' but it made no difference.
>
>You definitely need that google option turned on. In google's world
>'less secure' is a misnomer for apps that don't support OAuth 2.0, and
>Claws does not use OAuth.

Success!

But the strange thing is that I had turned this on yesterday and it
made no difference, so I turned it back off. But after turning it back
on this morning suddenly I am able to download all the e-mails. And I
swear that when I turned it on yesterday the web page flashed "updated"
and the "Turn on" radio button was properly checked, so I don't know why
it had no effect yesterday. Oh well.

Thanks to everyone for the help!