[Users] Not downloading from Gmail

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 02:26:57 CET 2016

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 19:59:02 -0500
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> dijo:

>On Thu, 08 Dec 2016 23:11:49 +0000 Richard wrote:
>
>>> [14:25:24] POP3< -ERR [AUTH] Web login required:
>
>Is POP enabled? See gmail's Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP

Yes it is enabled. From the Settings menu in Firefox:

1. Status: POP is enabled for all mail
	o Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already
		been downloaded)
	o Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
	o Disable POP

2. When messages are accessed with POP [Delete Gmail's copy]

3. Configure your email client (e.g. Outlook, Eudora, Netscape Mail)
	<Configuration instructions>

I read through the configuration instructions link above and Claws Mail
seems to be set up exactly as Gmail wants it to be.

Also, using Firefox I looked through the hundreds of e-mails in my Gmail
Inbox and the oldest one is from July 6, 2016. In other words,
apparently that is when Claws Mail stopped downloading from Gmail. I
mention that as a clue in case something happened in Claws Mail or in
Gmail on or about that date. I'm grasping for any clue I can find.