[Users] Random delays... (bis)

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Thu Dec 8 19:25:19 CET 2016

Ahoj,

Dňa Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:32:16 +0100 wwp <subscript at free.fr> napísal:

> Strange, on both of you and Pierre's sides, system specs show powerful
> machines. Here my config is way less powerful and entering a
> 40K-message folder takes 5-8sec, a 20K-message 2.5-4sec, a
> 10K-message 1.5-3.5sec (see how it seems to be proportional and
> consistent).

I see the ext4 in some from their reports. My experiences are, that the
ext4 can be noticeable slow in some cases, i  use rieserfs due this for
all my HDDs, and ext4 only for SSDs, because reiserfs has not trim
option.

I have max 3k messages in folders, then i cannot compare for this case,
but i see some delay if i have some processing enabled for these dirs.

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk