[Users] broken links in emails

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Aug 31 22:55:00 CEST 2016

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:30:15 +0100
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> FWIW, I just sent myself a plain text email (sent by claws and
> received by claws). The email contained an HTTP link that included a
> fragment with an ampersand in it. When I clicked on the link, it
> tried to open one with two backslashes in the address just before the
> ampersand. So this has nothing to do with HTML encoded email.

Curiouser and curiouser. I just checked the plain text version to which
I am replying and your original email. I do not see the spurious back
slashes in the one line display at the bottom of the Claws-mail window,
nor do I see the spurious back slashes when I copy and paste.

I am using Claws Mail version 3.11.1 on Debian 8.5. According to the
headers I am sending out:

According to the header in your email, you are using:

Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> reports not seeing it, and he has:

I conjecture that something between the two versions introduced the
bug, and it was subsequently removed.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV