[Users] "vcalendar" crashes claws-mail version 3.14.0 on Windows 10 PRO 64 amd machine

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Aug 8 12:26:29 CEST 2016

Using “claws-mail” version 3.14.0 on a Windows 10 PRO amd 64 machine, I
cannot get “vcalendar” to work correctly.

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.30 / GLib 2.49.2
Locale: en_US (charset: ISO-8859-1)
Operating System: Win32

I started “claws-mail” and then loaded the “vcalendar” plugin. That
worked fine. I then attempted to subscribe to my “outlook.com” web
calendar using the “webcal” address. A few seconds after entering the
address, claws-mail crashed. I restarted the program and it immediately
crashed again. The only way I could get the program to restart was to
rename the “vcalendar.dll” in the
“C:\Users\Gerard\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\” directory. Once started,
I then shut it down and renamed “vcalendar.dll” back to its original
name. Claws-mail started normally again, although “vcalendar” was not
loaded.

I even cleared out the
“C:\Users\Gerard\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\vcalendar”  folder, and the
“C:\Users\Gerard\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\vcalendar\multisync”
folder, but that made no difference.

I have no idea how to remove the “webcal” address I entered since I
don’t know where or how it is stored. In any case, I doubt that there
is anything wrong with the address, I did a cut and paste, and it works
in MS Outlook.

I have no idea how to correct this problem, if it is a bug, or even how
to debug it. I am open to suggestions.

--
Jerry