[Users] Claws Mail 3.14.0 unleashed!!
claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 10:30:16 CEST 2016
7th August 2016 Claws Mail 3.14.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* Passwords can now be secured with a Master Passphrase.
* Passwords: The password storage method has changed. All passwords
are now stored in a separate file, (~/.claws-mail/passwordstorerc),
and use a stronger encryption than previously. Existing passwords
are moved to the new file automatically, in the old format. The
new format will be used whenever old passwords are changed or when
a Master Passphrase is used. All new passwords are saved using the
new format, irrespective of whether a Master Passphrase is used or
not. Further information can be found here:
* Compose window: Removed the outer scrollbar from header area.
* Message view: The HTML to plain text converter now indicates list
items with a hyphen (-), adds a line break after <dd>, and indents
text within blockquotes.
* Main window: Changed default /View/Show or hide/Menubar shortcut to
* SSL certificates list: Added automatic scrollbar.
* Address book: Double-clicking datasources now opens the edit
* Forwarding: The external editor is now automatically used when
forwarding as attachment, if the preference is set.
* Preferences: Automatic mail checking can now be configured in
hours, minutes and seconds.
* Preferences: The 'next_on_delete' hidden preference now applies to
trashing or moving, in addition to deleting, a message.
* Command line: Added -geometry to set geometry for main window.
* IMAP: Added SASL 'PLAIN' and 'LOGIN' authentication methods for
accounts. Renamed the old plaintext 'LOGIN' to 'plaintext'.
* IMAP: The acccount preference, 'Move deleted mails to trash and
expunge immediately' has been removed.
* Notification plugin: Added 'Get mail from account...' to the
SysTray module's menu.
* Notification plugin: Focus the widget between iconify/deiconify
* Tools: Added tools/cm-reparent.pl, which can be used to fix thread
parenting for two or more messages.
* Documentation: Updated man page and manual.
* Translations: Updated: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Dutch,
Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian,
Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional
Added: Danish, Indonesian, Turkish.
Dropped: Lithuanian (unmaintained)
* Bug fixes:
o bug 2518, '"Reply-All" message from NNTP-account does not
contain CC'ed correspondents'
o bug 2781, 'Unsanitised Folder Creation'
o bug 3028, 'Claws doesn't select html part if attachments
o bug 3213, 'Line break in subject of message'
o bug 3573, 'Out of bounds read in macro LBREAK_IF_REQUIRED
o bug 3581, 'sys:1: Warning: Source ID # was not found when
attempting to remove it'
o bug 3603, 'Feeds from Reddit are empty'
o bug 3610, 'Heap use after free in
o bug 3616, 'segfault setting up new CM in new userid'
o bug 3623, 'Client crash on importing duplicated feed'
o bug 3629, 'Invalid subject can distort message list view'
o bug 3652, 'utils.c:4740:47: warning: ordered comparison of
pointer with integer zero [-Wextra]'
o bug 3653, 'Upgrading from Mageia5 default (3.11.1),
3.13.2git tries to load 3.11.1 plugins'
o bug 3658, 'Passphrase ignored during keypair generation
o include Reply-To value when using 'reply to all'
o inputdialog modality and focus issue
o fix Compose account selection when imap folder is selected.
o set correct rcdir on Win32
o Fix behavior in selecting PGP MIME signature on Windows.
o RSSyl: typo in handling feed name ending with a period on
o vCalendar: Handle ical lines longer than 256 bytes
For further details of the numbered bugs and RFEs listed above
see http://claws-mail.org/bug/[BUG NUMBER]
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Users