[Users] Moving mails to another folder

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Apr 12 16:48:54 CEST 2016

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:12:31 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> >Why is it that sometimes I can drag and drop a message from the
> >message list to a folder in the folder list, and other times the drag
> >and drop does not work, I have to go through Messages => Move etc ?

> You should describe what exactly fails.
> I never experienced this issue and I drag and drop messages very often,
> but the oldest version I ever used was 3.11, two years ago.
> Yours seems to be 3.8.1? I don't know if it's important regarding this
> issue, but it can't harm to mention if this happens for POP and/or IMAP
> accounts.
> However, can't you "drag" or can't you "drop" ect.? There's no hardware
> issue, a broken mouse button or cable, the drag and drop works always
> for other GUIs, e.g. file managers?

Running 3.8.1, in XFCE under Debian Wheezy.

When I attempt to drag and drop, sometimes once I left-click on the message and drag it to the folder name, the cursor turns into a black-edged white circle, and the move succeeds; other times, the cursor changes as above but with a + symbol inside the circle, and then the move fails, and I have to resort to the meny item to Move.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                   You people who think you know everything
                           greatly annoy us who do.