[Users] Mouse issue in editor window

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Apr 12 12:35:17 CEST 2016

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:11:40 +0200, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:59:06 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>

>> Wrong not only the look gets broken and btw. as already pointed out,
>> I fixed the issue regarding the look, but not necessarily regarding
>> hiccups.
>>
>I think your problem is that Adwaita is transitioning to a GTK-3 only
>theme and combining this with a GTK-3 DE with second class citizen
>support for GTK-2 only apps you get what is expected. I personally run
>a primarily GTK-2 DE with support for GTK-3 only apps using a GTK-2
>theme and see no problems what so ever. Themes and DE's coming from the
>Gnome devs these days are deliberately braking GTK-2 apps so the point
>is near where you will have to make a choice between Gnome and freedom
>to choose which apps best fulfills your needs and preferences.

I'm _not_using a DE, let alone GNOME apps, that doesn't mean that I
don't have any GNOME apps installed, I need them to give support to
newbies and some apps that are quasi standard apps for most experienced
users, are based on GNOMEish stuff, since it's not necessarily
bad, roxterm e.g. is a VTE-based terminal emulator and you unlikely will
find a terminal emu that is in the same street as roxterm. You won't
find GVFS, pulseaudio and all that crap on my machine.

As already mentione, I'm using a WM only:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi openbox | grep Description
Description     : Highly configurable and lightweight X11 window manager

Adwaita is the only theme I know, that doesn't make fonts blurry on my
monitor and that provides good visual consistency between GTK2, GTK3
and Qt apps.

I can not simply chose to use GTK2 apps only, since Linux pro-audio
requires to use GTK2, GTK3 and Qt apps.

Actually a lot of users fixed issues by switched from other themes to
Adwaita after the current stroke from upstream.

FWIW even GNOME apps are affected by hiccups, the Evolution coders
already released a *.1 version to workaround hiccups.

Yes, claws isn't the culprit, but claws will be affected, soon or
later, what ever LTS release distro you're running.