[Users] Not being able to move through index without marking email read anymore

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Fri Apr 8 21:36:52 CEST 2016

Hi, I've recently upgraded to 3.13.2, and notice an annoying change.

I like to scan my inbox via the subjects and when there's something I
want to read I hit the enter key and that email is shown in the preview
window and then marked as read. Other emails that I want to look at
later I simply scan past and they stay marked as read, and their
contents do not show up in the preview window (fine by me).

But now, as I move through the subjects, each email shows up in the
preview window and is immediately marked as read. I can no longer
quickly scan through the subjects to find an email that interests me
without using the mouse (bad mouse).

Is there a way to get the old behavior back?

Please Cc me directly on this, because I seldom read this folder, and
when I do, I can never find emails that respond back to my question in
the first place. All my folders have that (!) marking, and it's not
helpful. I have no idea how people can get anything done with that
work flow.

Thanks!

-- Steve