[Users] Maintaining local mailboxes

Charles Lehner cel at celehner.com
Wed Sep 16 21:23:29 CEST 2015

Hi Johan,

I think it is possible to do what you were asking about.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:30:21 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> When I use File > Add Mailbox > mbox (etPan!) it creates a folder on disk,
> but I cannot move messages into that folder.

This step creates a Mailbox in Claws Mail, which is like a folder tree
root. After doing this, you can add folders inside the mailbox by
right-clicking it and choosing Create new folder. These folders will
correspond to mbox files on the disk, and you can move messages to and
from them. (They should behave like the other folders).

For the use case of having mbox archives on other parts of your disk,
you can use symlinks from in the mbox mailbox folder to where you want
the mbox file to be. e.g. Create a folder in the mbox mailbox in Claws
Mail, and then replace its corresponding mbox file with a symlink.

--
Charles