[Users] Bad bug, moving a folder losts its content :(

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Sep 14 15:30:23 CEST 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:16:46 +0200
Francis Moreau <francis.moro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here how I did it, it's quite simple to reproduce on an IMAP account:
>
>   1. Create a folder in INBOX/lists/test
>   2. Put an email in that folder
>   3. Move the folder 'test' in INBOX/
>   4. 'test' should still contain the email
>   5. Move back 'test' folder in INBOX/lists/
>   6. 'test' folder is now empty :-/
>
> So it's a quite severe bug IMHO, so it would be nice if someone could
> look at it.

Hi,

what if you use "Rebuild folder tree" option after the failed move? By
looking at the IMAP transcript in your initial post, it looks like the
new folder (Travel/Misc) is being created, but the server errors out
when Claws Mail tries to copy first message to it (looks like the
server does not support "UID COPY" command).

At no point do I see deletion of content of old folder, or old folder
itself, so it should at least still be there on the server.

Regards,
--
Andrej