[Users] Saving copy of outgoing emails to current folder does not work

Francis Moreau francis.moro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:06:40 CEST 2015

Hello Paul,

On 09/08/2015 08:13 AM, Paul wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 21:48:23 +0200
> Francis Moreau <francis.moro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In properties of INBOX folder -> Compose , I selected "Save copy of
>> outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent". But this has no
>> effect.
>>
>> I also tried to use Configuration -> Preference for current account
>> -> Advanced and selected "Put sent messages in "#imap/xxx/INBOX",
>> but also doesn't work.
>>
>> I'm not sure why there're 2 different ways to achieve the same
>> purpose though.
>
> Since you think it's 2 options for the same (it's not) then it
> suggests that it's user error.

yes probably ;)

> The folder preference works when you have that folder open and are
> replying or composing a new message.

Ok then it's what I'm looking for.

I was somehow confused by "Save copy of outgoing messages...", because
it sounds to me it applies for any outgoing messages regardless the
current folder is. But it's probably just me.

So do you have any idea why it doesn't work in my case ?

Besides that I like very much Claws, I still need to use it a couple of
days juste to make sure but it's likely going to be my new MUA.

Thanks.