[Users] Duplicate messages and crashes

gabble gabble at gmx.com
Sat Oct 31 08:31:34 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm a new user, running Claws on Windows. To make things worse I'm still on XP.

I have been using Claws for a week or two, learning the in and outs and fiddling with configuration. All was well until the other day when Claws started to duplicate emails.

At first it crashed as soon as I tried to touch the duplicates. In desperation I deleted .claws_cache for the concerned mail box. Then I was able to delete the duplicates. All was well for a while.

Then Claws started to duplicate emails on every fetch then it immediately crashed. Not all emails, just a few selected ones that it duplicates over and over again. I discovered it happened with a certain account so I disabled that account. All went well for a while, huh, a few hours, but now it has started again with other accounts.

So the behavior is somewhat inconsistent to say the least.

Please advice. I really want to keep using Claws since I can't find another client that suits my needs. Also, is deleting the cache the right thing to do or does I make things worse?

Cheers,
Charlotte