[Users] Importing PGP keys

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:12:44 CEST 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:02:14 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:52:38 +0100, Cliff Laine wrote:
>>On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:45:07 +0100
>>Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Could anyone tell me how to import keys into CM -- preferably from a
>>> GUI rather than a command line ? I've got gnupg on my system.
>>>

>>I mean -- is there an easier way that the huge long command that
>>someone called Paul (I wonder :) ) posted in the first comment:
>>
>>* inline-signed
>>Create an Action (/Configuration/Actions) that has the following
>>  command, changing the keyserver to suit your tastes: ID=`gpg
>> --verify %p 3>&1 1>&2 2>&3 |grep "key ID"|tr -d "[:space:]"|tail
>> -c8`;echo "==== Fetching $ID ===="; gpg --no-tty --keyserver
>> wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net --recv-keys $ID
>>
>>Then, with the message selected and opened, run that Action
>>(/Tools/Actions/...).
>
>I never used encryption with Claws, but I already used encryption and
>you seemingly are confusing a few things.
>
>The passphrase thingy is related to your key and importing public keys
>to decrypt mails is something else.
    ^^^^^^^ this should read encrypt :D, assumed you want to reply.
    Sure, those public keys from others are needed to verify the
    signing too and in most cases it's completely useless, since
    99,9999999999% of the users don't own keys to verify the ownership
    of a public key. Importing keys to check singed mails without a web
    of trust is ridiculous.