[Users] extended search shot circuit

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Tue Oct 20 14:30:38 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:31:31 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:59:17 -0200, "Ethy H. Brito"
> <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:
>
> > But my times are too high.
> >
> > I am using "f mr_doe & b some_word".
> > It is running now for more than 5 minutes for a universe of 5500
> > INBOX emails.
>
> The problem is probably that Claws doesn't have (or doesn't think it
> has) the email bodies cached.
> Maybe you can check if it fetches bodies using the Network log.

I did. It is going to fetch them.

> Test on a little folder: if it fetches bodies again and again when you
> do searches, there's a problem. If it does so only once, then it's
> normal.
>
> You can check "Synchronise for offline use" in folder properties to
> have bodies automatically fetched.

Is this for (re)build .claws-mail/imapcache/ ?

This option is off. I turned it off because, from time to time, out of the blue,
CM freezes and goes resynchronize the folders rendering itself dead for,
literally, several dozens of minutes.
But unfortunately it seems that turning it off have not terminated this behavior.
I still suffer with this.

> > Is there a limit on the number of chained expressions?
> > "... & ... & ... & ..." is a valid expression?
> >
> > I get a red background input field when I add the third "&"!
>
> It should work.

It did but I had to put quotes around the strings, that is,
	f string & b string
works, but
	f string & al 30 & b string works
gives me the red input field.