[Users] extended search shot circuit

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Tue Oct 20 01:56:09 CEST 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:24:11 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:08:36 -0200
> "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:59:17 -0200
> > "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:

> > > I suspected that, since it is a "C" descendant program.
> > >
> > > But my times are too high.
> > >
> > > I am using "f mr_doe & b some_word".
> > > It is running now for more than 5 minutes for a universe of 5500
> > > INBOX emails.
> > >
> > > Is there a limit on the number of chained expressions?
> > > "... & ... & ... & ..." is a valid expression?
> > >
> > > I get a red background input field when I add the third "&"!
> >
> > Correcting: when I add the SECOND "&".
> >
> > Sorry.
> >
> > Ethy
>
> If there's a limit, it's a lot higher than 2 or 3.
>
> Where quotes go counts. They should go only on search strings, and
> never include the f or b or al.

Ok.

That addressed one problem.
I typed

	f "mr_doe" & al 30 & b "some_word"

quotes included. Worked as expected.

But the time to complete is still very high.
I can see CM "reaching out" for imapd server.

"Network Log" shows:
[21:49:04] IMAP4< * SEARCH 172522
[21:49:09] IMAP4<  172574
[21:49:15] IMAP4<  172633
[21:49:15] IMAP4<  172634
[21:49:19] IMAP4<  172754
[21:49:20] IMAP4<  172832
[21:49:20] IMAP4<  172845
[21:49:21] IMAP4<  172859
[21:49:21] IMAP4<  172884
[21:49:22] IMAP4<  172895
[21:49:22] IMAP4<  172933
[21:49:23] IMAP4<  173003
[21:49:26] IMAP4<  173044
[21:49:28] IMAP4<  173088
[21:49:30] IMAP4<  173106

Roughly it took 30 seconds to "scan" 15 messages up to this moment.
What may be holding these scans?

Any thoughts?

Regards

Ethy