[Users] Windows Mail folder location

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Oct 19 20:29:49 CEST 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:53:01 +0200
Martin Hoehle <mail1 at hoehle.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to move the config folder from
> C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail to another folder as
> well ? Obviously CM should know where to look for it so the relevant
> path cannot be defined in one of the files in this folder itself.
> Since there do not seem to be any CM settings in the registry (and
> not in the program folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Claws Mail) I fear
> that it's hard coded into CM that the config folder location is under
> the /Users folder as defined by the relevant environment variable ?
> It would be nice to have that automatically backed up with all my data.
>
> > > Is there a way I can change the location where CM keeps the mail
> > > database, to another partition for example ? I had a look at the
> > > clawsrc config file but it does not seem to define the mail folder path.
> >
> >You can just remove the MH folder tree from Claws Mail, move it
> >wherever you want, and then add it again (via "File/Add Mailbox/MH..."
> >menu) using full path, e.g. "d:\my stuff\workmail". You can also create
> >new mailboxes using full path, so that they won't be placed in the
> >default location, but where you want them.

You can use whatever path to configuration you need by running
claws-mail.exe with "--alternate-config-dir c:\path\to\config" option.
You can add this in Properties of the desktop shortcut.

> Ok, perfect !
>
> >You could also edit folderrc file directly, if you know what you're
> >doing, but be careful.
>
> I do some Linux server admin stuff, don't worry. But the Win version
> of CM doesn't seem to have such a file. :(
>
> This is alredy OT, hopefully you don't mind: How for X's sake can I
> change the language of CM's user interface ? It defaults me to the
> system locale but I need something different. I've already had a look
> at clawsrc and in the GUI settings menu item but no luck there.

You can control the language by changing the "lang" environment
variable. See http://www.rarst.net/software/change-interface-language/
for a nice description.

Regards,
--