[Users] Windows Mail folder location

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Oct 19 00:17:52 CEST 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 00:00:06 +0200
Martin Hoehle <mail1 at hoehle.net> wrote:

> I would never have imagined that the Mail folder could be somewhere
> else but under /Claws-mail and some of the docs I have found do say
> so... In hindsight it's rather logical because the MH format could be
> read by other programs as well and therefore should not "belong" to
> CM in all cases.

Indeed, and it is also because traditionally, on Unix-like operating
systems (where Claws Mail started), mail usually goes to a different
location than program configuration. :)

> Is there a way I can change the location where CM keeps the mail
> database, to another partition for example ? I had a look at the
> clawsrc config file but it does not seem to define the mail folder path.

You can just remove the MH folder tree from Claws Mail, move it
wherever you want, and then add it again (via "File/Add Mailbox/MH..."
menu) using full path, e.g. "d:\my stuff\workmail". You can also create
new mailboxes using full path, so that they won't be placed in the
default location, but where you want them.

You could also edit folderrc file directly, if you know what you're
doing, but be careful.

Regards,
--
Andrej