[Users] Windows Mail folder location

mail1 at hoehle.net mail1 at hoehle.net
Sun Oct 18 00:51:06 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am pretty new to Claws and would like to use it in the near future.
For the time being there are only two questions that remain unsolved.
I have searched through the "Users" list here as well as the usual
search engines but couldn't come up with the answers... One of them is

Where does the Windows version of Claws store the mails / mailboxes ?
It would be nice to be able to backup the specific folder  containing
all emails...

I have created a few subfolders to the default Mailbox (MH) folder
structure and created and even imported a few emails in them to play
with. I am aware of the folder
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail, but it doesn't
contain a subfolde named "Mail" but only what to me seems like the
database for tagging emails: \tagsdb\#mh\Mailbox\.... In fact the
whole \Claws-mail folder mentioned above is not even big enough to
contain all these emails.

Any clues ?

Martin