[Users] Version 3.13

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Tue Oct 13 18:49:58 CEST 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:55:46 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:47:23 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > That isn't what happened. The previous behaviour happened to work
> > for both sort orders, the new behaviour only works as expected for
> > one.
>
> No, not even that. What it is is this:
>
> You have 3 msgs, 1, 2, and 3. 1 is the oldest, 3 is the newest.
> Previously if you sorted with newest at the bottom and delete 2, then
> 1 (the older message) would be automatically selected. If you sorted
> with the newest at the top and you deleted 2, then 3 (the newest)
> would get selected.
>
> With version 3.13.0, regardless of which way you sort, if you delete
> 2, 1, the oldest, gets selected.

Sorry, I'm coming in pretty late on this thread (and I don't have 3.13
anyway), but 2 cents is 2 cents! :-)

It would make more sense to me if it would select the newest one, so 3
in your example.  Or, perhaps it could select a message based on the
setting for "default selection when entering a folder" in the
Display/Summaries preferences.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company