[Users] How do i enable top-posting in response emails?

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 13 17:22:37 CEST 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:50:44 +0200, Patrick Boettcher
<patrick.boettcher at posteo.de> wrote:

> > Sometimes business people ask to quote the complete correspondence. If
> > you would bottom post, they won't read the mail, because they think you
> > didn't answer. It's expected that replies are on top, followed by tons
> > of older messages, including all that grotesque signatures that are
> > three times as long as the message bodies are.

and what about the complete stack of company logo's (multi-fold, as all
replyers add their own set), smiley gifs, jpegs for twitter, facebook
and other shit and worse, advertisements!

> I can confirm this reasoning. In addition this flow makes threading
> quite unuseful - sometimes.

Even when people expect me to do top-posting, I do so with just a
single line as top-post:

"I have answers to all your questions. Read them below the questions you
 asked in your ridiculously long mail (from which I stripped all useless
 company logo's and signatures)"

Then I reply as usual. If they still don't get it, its their fault, not
mine.

using perl5.00307 .. 5.21   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE