[Users] How do i enable top-posting in response emails?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at posteo.de
Tue Oct 13 16:50:44 CEST 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:33:16 +0200 Ralf Mardorf
<info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:18:53 +0300, moxalt wrote:
> >On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:58:23 +0200, Ralf Hutter wrote:
> >> i've looked around a lot, but nowhere can i find the possibility to
> >> have the cursor positioned above the answered text, when responding
> >> to an email, instead of below.
> >
> >Please, please, please, please don't top-post. Please.
>
> The OP seems to be from Germany, so assumed he needs Claws for office
> work, he might not have a choice.

Even more off-topic than moxalt's answer in regards to this thread:

I would not assume that someone using a .de-address as sender is from
Germany (especially when it's posteo.de).

> Sometimes business people ask to quote the complete correspondence. If
> you would bottom post, they won't read the mail, because they think you
> didn't answer. It's expected that replies are on top, followed by tons
> of older messages, including all that grotesque signatures that are
> three times as long as the message bodies are.

I can confirm this reasoning. In addition this flow makes threading
quite unuseful - sometimes.

regards,
--
Patrick.