[Users] Don't do auto-wrapping when using external editor or inserting a file

Francis Moreau francis.moro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:39:41 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2015, at 09:19 AM, Francis Moreau wrote:
>
>>Even if auto-wrapping is enabled in the preferences, I think it should
>>be automatically disabled when composing an email with an external
>>editor or inserting the file because in that case claws-mail shouldn't
>>care about the content of the email.
>
> Why not just disable auto-wrapping globally?

Well because for very short email I don't have the need to start emacs
currently.

> I use Emacs (really emacsclient)

I like to edit my emails with the message-mode and the downside with
emacsclient is that I haven't found a way to start it with a specific
mode.

Currently for starting emacs I'm using: "emacs --no-desktop '%s' -f
message-mode",

I can probably add a rule in my ~/.emacs to automtically use
message-mode based on the name of the temporary file CM creates to
store my email but I choose the cleanest past (IMO) and starting emacs
on my machine is as fast as starting emacsclient, really.

> as my external editor[1] and just turning it off works great.  If Emacs isn't
> running, I don't want to edit the text anyway! :)
>
> [1] for me, the external editor feature of CM was *the* killer feature.

I tend to agree. It would be awesome if the window used by emacs would
be the same as (or map) the one used by CM editor (the one where you
actually type your message body)

--
Francis