[Users] Default state of Move dialog

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 17 16:47:59 CET 2015

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:05:52 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 07:59:27 +0000
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > And, further, this
> > method only works with list items (in this case, folder names) which
> > are visible, it won't match a sub-folder name which is out of sight.
>
> Just to clarify this point: What I'm saying is, if the folder tree is
> collapsed, then the standard method cannot find folders which have
> collapsed/closed parent folders.

In that case, I'd suggest addition of "expand all" and "collapse all"
buttons. I'd prefer it open collapsed, but as long as one button press
puts it how you want, how it opens isn't very important.

After several months on two different distros, the symptom (move dialog
won't accept keystrokes) today spontaneously disappeared. This
disappearance occurred without an intervening software update, so
either you have paranormal powers, or I need a psychiatrist.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist