[Users] [solved] "Face:"

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri May 29 17:38:42 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 04:48:15PM +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:

> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > that's it :).
> > >
> > > A broken "Face" from from Evolution [1].
> > >
> > > Two "Face"s from Claws that are ok [2].
> > >
> > > I'll forward it to the Evo mailing list.
> >
> > Good luck!  It's not an easy topic:
>
> Well, we could indeed be liberal in what we accept (incoming), and
> continue enforcing the standard (outgoing).

If deliberately ignoring RFCs is being liberal I don't see why Claws Mail
users cannot generate messages with the same level of brokenness than
Evolution users. You'd be downgrading their mail experience by not allowing
them to send their full-colour extra-large Face headers.

More seriously, these Faces are already accepted, Claws Mail won't break
because of them. What you suggest is to also display them correctly despite
they're broken. That's not what Postel's law is about, that's actively
supporting broken headers.

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones