[Users] More generally: PGP in Claws

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon May 18 19:43:28 CEST 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015 17:27:50 +0200
Ralf Hutter <rhutter at posteo.de> wrote:

> i've not been using Claws for a long time. I have more experience
> with Thunderbird. My problem is that Claws has no interface for
> gpg-key-administration. Do you encrypt emails and administer the
> gpg-keys via command line?

When you choose to encrypt a mail a simple dialogue will appear so
that you can choose the key to encrypt to

> If not: How do you import keys, be it
> from an email, the internet or a storage device?

In the case of your message, using PGP/inline, configure an Action
which uses this command:

ID=`gpg --verify %p 3>&1 1>&2 2>&3 |grep "key ID"|tr -d "[:space:]"|tail -c8`;echo "==== Fetching $ID ===="; gpg --no-tty --keyserver wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net --recv-keys $ID

In the case of PGP/MIME just click the signature icon
(application/pgp-signature) on the right of the message and you we
prompted to fetch the key. This supposes that you have a keyserver
configured in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

with regards

Paul