[Users] segmentation fault

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sun May 17 02:23:00 CEST 2015

On Fri, 15 May 2015 08:05:54 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> >sys:1: Warning: g_hash_table_lookup: assertion 'hash_table != NULL'
> >failed hat
> >-bash: hat: command not found
> >[1]-  Segmentation fault      cm  (wd: ~)
> >(wd now: ~/Mail/inbox)
>
> but, without time stamps I don't know which, if any, of these messages are
> related (I filed an enhancement request some time back for time stamps
> on all output).

Well, while that feature can be useful sometimes, it would not have
helped much here. The xml stuff is not related to compose, and
there's exactly one g_hash_table_lookup call in compose, whose table is
initialised so I can only think in some memory corruption which has
zeroed the pointer.

> The "hat" stuff was me typing "that" in my message -- I was typing
>    "strongly recommends" that
> of which only
>    "strongly recommen
> made it to the draft file, and "hat" was auto-focused to the konsole that
> started CM.
>
> Is this a known crash?  I suspect it won't be reproducible; but reporting
> what happened in case it's a new bug surfacing.

If you can run it under gdb for a while may catch it again... or not :)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~