[Users] Problem with clawsrc occasionally reverting to default

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Thu Mar 26 13:22:08 CET 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:54:48 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:10:56 +0100
> Joebug <joebug at ouvaton.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Joebug,
>
> >I should add that I don't manually quit Claws-Mail at system
> >shutdown.
>
> That may be part of the problem.  If CM can't write a valid config
> file (because the system shuts down before it completes the task), it
> will inevitably load default values next time it starts.
>
> Try shutting down CM manually before powering down the system to see
> if your problem still occurs.

I just wanted to confirm that I've seen this, too. Whenever I don't
close Claws manually before shutdown/logout/etc, it sometimes starts up
with some of my settings missing. It's not consistent, though. This
also sometimes happens even though no settings were changed while Claws
was running. Should this possibly be considered a bug?

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"