[Users] searching

Jeremy Schneider jeremy.schneider at ardentperf.com
Wed Mar 18 16:09:31 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Mauro di Terenzi
<mauroditerenzi at gmail.com> wrote:
> As any other thing in the world it could be improved: I would like a
> simpler and quick search on imap folders and MH, etc.
>
> I think that email is used from many years now, and we all have
> suboptimal feelings searching for an email older then 10, 20 years.

I have found claws ability to search remote folders to be a good
interface to the capabilities in the IMAP protocol itself (which are
limited).

For local search, personally I've setup full-text desktop search and I
like that approach - it searches not only every local email but
everything else too (if you want).  And no matter what the we code
into claws, we probably won't match the speed and flexibility of
purpose-built search software like xapian (recoll/linux) or tracker
(linux) or lucene (docfetcher/win32).

-J

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider