[Users] How do I?

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Sun Jun 28 02:36:58 CEST 2015

Liz,

> Tried this morning, and no effect.
> One remote mail server off-line, waited about 2 min for time out,
> cannot use Claws during this time - "busy" icon only.
> Tried the "cancel receiving" 3 or 4 times with no effect.

Occasionally things get slow for me when DNS servers are slow (i'm using a weird custom server rotation). Or sometimes my ISP cuts the line and the router needs to reconnect. What i mean is, are you sure it's the mail server's offline ?

For emergencies (like sending off the wrong mail) i configured a desktop button to cut off the internet (like for example 'sudo ifconfig eth0 down' or using systmctl - there are many ways). When that happens, claws usually stops everything after the configured timeout (here 10s), naturally with an error message. You can configure another button to re-launch the internet interface.

(It just comes to my mind that you probably could as well switch off/on the WLAN or plug in/out your ethernet wire.)