[Users] Claws SSL connection problem

Mike Miskulin mike.miskulin at leadingordersolutions.com
Tue Jun 23 21:02:19 CEST 2015

I'll preface this with I do not mean to be flip or unappreciative but
Claws on Windows is quite...out of date.  I bounced this same topic in
March and was told there were build environment issues.

The comment below (from someone who seems to be in the know) indicates
that porting the latest to Windows not only is not a priority, but
doesn't seem an after thought either as the SSL issue is quite important.

If the resources are not there, wouldn't it be better to just throw in
the towel on supporting Windows? If the current build is at best going
to be a year behind, that means security issues are likely to be a year
behind too, not a good thing in this day and age.

Again, I'm not trying to whine or be unappreciative of the hard work
people have put on this project (including the windows port) for many
years but sometimes it is just better to end the support than leave it
(and the users) hanging around waiting and hoping for something not
meant to be.