[Users] Claws SSL connection problem

Peter peterb51 at inbox.com
Sat Jun 20 12:24:45 CEST 2015

Hi,
I hope I'm in the right place for my problem. I've looked at the
support/documentation available but couldn't find a solution.
I'm having trouble connecting Claws to my email account at inbox.com
over SSL/TLS.

Claws works OK in/out with the pop port =110 & smtp 25. It doesn't work
over SSL/TLS. with the settings as per the attached screenshots of
config tabs.
The account works with the Thunderbird client over SSL/TLS. ports
995/465. So its not a server connection issue.
The Claws log message in trying to receive is "SSL handshake failed".
In trying to send, it times out (even after extending the wait time).
Also tried StarTTLS option but it just timed out.
I'm keen to use Claws.
Hoping someone can help.

Easily monitor multiple email accounts & access them with a click.
Visit http://www.inbox.com/notifier and check it out!