[Users] Why do some users prefer Sylpheed over Claws Mail ?!?

Kevin Chadwick m8il1ists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:10:34 CEST 2015

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 15:41:52 -0500
Emily Jackson wrote:

> > I used Sylpheed for several years and like it very much until I decided it start
> > using imap and Sylpheed started hanging.
>
> I have tried the Windows versions of Sylpheed and Claws, and I had trouble with *Claws* hanging and choking on messages. Sylpheed works better for me

I found a couple of bugs in claws that I didn't have time to properly
debug (not at all game stoppers, parsing bug on search when another
search works, email parse crash) so I decided as sylpheed didn't show
the bug then I might try it out again and see; I originally switched to
claws because I couldn't get gpg to work with sylpheed properly. I
couldn't though because sylpheed wouldn't read my resolv.conf which has
ipv4 only options and a tcp only option currently disabled, sylpheed
seems to use it's own dns resolver which it failed to parse, bad design?

p.s. Why are you using fedora from RedHat that couldn't design a piece
of paper without adding a plastic covering that is bad for the
environment and means pens can be rubbed off, but pencils don't work!