[Users] Users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 19

Harro harro at altern.org
Sun Jun 14 16:06:12 CEST 2015

Hi Liz,

I have the same question, since I also cannot 'regain control' of my Claws focus (Windows port, v3.10.1) until after a significant time (a minute at least) after selecting the 'work offline' button.  I have 3 IMAP accounts that are polled, perhaps that is to blame for the delay.

On a similar note, regularly my Claws appears to redownload all messages in the inbox (or at least is doing a fetch, according to the logs), which I cannot interrupt with the "Stop all" button.  The only way to regain focus (access to my emails) is to switch Claws to offline mode, then wait for the three "can I go online to check email - yes/no"  pop-up messages.

I note that going offline (in the Windows version, at least) does not actually make Claws work offline.  According to the 'check for new email interval' Claws keeps trying to go back online and pushes pop-up messages asking for permission.  This does not make sense to me - "work offline" should mean stay offline.  It is not selected for nothing (aside for as a hack to interrupt endless IMAP syncs).

If in a future version (or port, if this is a specific Windows port issue), the "stop all" button could actually work as a kill-switch for the open IMAP connections and/or the option "work offline" can make Claws stop trying to connect, that would be an excellent upgrade (and seemignly a more logical application of those features).

Nevertheless, thank you for the great work!

Harro