[Users] Claws-mail silent on failure to get mail

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Jun 10 16:22:04 CEST 2015

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:49:19 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:54:25 +0100
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > If that's the only difference then the problem is user configuration
> > error, but I suspect the real cause is fixed somewhere in the
> > numerous changes since the 'ancient' 3.8.1 version.
> >
> My bet is the SSL management. If this is the case it will never work
> on 3.8.1.

Then I think the workaround for now is to move claws-mail operations to
the upgraded machine for now, and access it from the desktop via SSH.
Since that machine is a laptop, that should solve the laptop problem for
now. I have unison profiles for ~/.claws-mail and for ~/Mail, so that
migration should be straight-forward in most cases.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV