[Users] ActiveSync

David BERCOT claws-mail at bercot.org
Thu Jun 4 08:49:34 CEST 2015

Le Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:39:14 +0200,
Steffen Klemer <moh at gmx.org> a écrit :
> Am Mi, 03.06.2015 um 16:49 schrieb David BERCOT
> <claws-mail at bercot.org>:
> > Le Tue, 2 Jun 2015 23:07:20 +0200,
> > Steffen Klemer <moh at gmx.org> a écrit :

> > > How about davmail:
> > > http://davmail.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Davmail is OK with EWS but not with ActiveSync :-(
>
> But it does support OWA (which is what you asked for):
> http://davmail.sourceforge.net/serversetup.html
>
> Actually this was the original implementation, EWS came later. Or do
> you want to say that it works, but isn't any good?

With Exchange 2010, OWA is not sufficient... EWS is needed :

<from davmail website>
Is Exchange 2010 supported ?

As Microsoft decided to drop WebDav support in Exchange 2010, I had to
implement a new backend from scratch to support the new Exchange Web
Services interface. This support is still experimental, but is working
quite well. However, you still need to enable it manually
in .davmail.properties with the following line:

davmail.enableEws=true

Is DavMail based on Outlook protocol ?

Outlook anywhere uses MAPI RPC over HTTPS to access company LAN through
the firewall. DavMail does not use MAPI at all but relies on WebDav
(Exchange 2003/2007) or EWS (Exchange 2007/2010) to access Exchange.
This means you need direct access over HTTPS to either the OWA WebDav
url (/exchange/mail at company.com) or EWS (/ews/exchange.asmx) to access
Exchange with DavMail.
</from davmail website>

David.